Lynn Redgrave stars as a frumpy British lass who is content to live vicariously through her flatmate until her employer (James Mason), who is married, asks her to be his mistress. The film was considered controversial at the time of release and was nominated for four Oscars.
One of the defining films of the 1960s, Silvio Narizzano’s adaptation of Margaret Foster’s 1965 novel stars Lynn Redgrave in an Oscar-nominated role as the put-upon teenager Georgy Parkin. Awkward and full of self-doubt, Georgy finds herself forever just outside of the ‘Swinging Sixties’ London life she craves.
Marked by a wonderfully warm and appealing central performance from Redgrave, and with its superb supporting cast including Charlotte Rampling (Death in Venice, The Night Porter), Alan Bates (A Kind of Loving, Women in Love) and the great James Mason (The Reckless Moment, Age of Consent, The Deadly Affair), Georgy Girl captures the spirit of the era – and boasts one of the all-time great film theme tunes.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• New and exclusive audio commentary with Diabolique magazine’s editor-in-chief Kat Ellinger
• Interview with Charlotte Rampling (2018)
• Jim Dale on ‘Georgy Girl’ (2018): a new audio interview with the beloved actor and award-winning songwriter
• Interview with Peter Nichols (2018): new and exclusive interview with the author, playwright and co-screenwriter of the film
• Interview with editor John Bloom (2018)
• Interview with art director Tony Woollard (2018)
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: promotional photography and publicity material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Leanne Weston, an overview of contemporary critical responses and historic articles on the film
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3, 000 copies
Lexikon des Int. Films: "Ansprechender Film mit einer
nachdenklich stimmenden Note."