Coaching for Equity is a comprehensive guide for educators who are committed to creating equitable schools. It offers concrete strategies, a sequence of action steps, inspiring anecdotes, information, and resources. It is written for educators at all entry points--from those who are just starting to cultivate an awareness of equity, to those who have led for equity for many years. It is a book for teachers, teacher leaders, principals, superintendents, school boards, and anyone working in and with schools who aspires to fulfill a vision for equitable schools.
Coaching for Equity will respond to the following commonly asked questions:
* What does equity mean? What does an equitable school look like?
* How can I recognize inequity? What does it look like in my classroom and school?
* How did we get here--to a place where there are so many inequities in schools?
* How do we create something different? And what would that something different be?
* What do I need to know in order to create equitable classrooms? What do I need to be able to do? What new awareness do I need?