Die meisten angebotenen DVDs haben den Regionalcode 2 für Europa und das Bildformat PAL. Wir bieten aber auch Veröffentlichungen aus den USA an, die im NTSC-Format und mit dem Ländercode 1 auf den Markt kommen. Dies ist dann in unseren Artikeldetails angegeben.
Derzeit nicht erhältlich.
Lassen Sie sich über unseren eCourier benachrichtigen, falls das Produkt bestellt werden kann.
Based on Norman Lindsay's controversial autobiographical 1935 novel, Age of Consent is the story of an artist (James Mason), grown tired of producing art for wealthy Americans, who moves to the wilds of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef where he meets Cora (Helen Mirren), a teenage girl who inspires him and becomes his muse – as well as the object of his desire.
The penultimate film from the great Michael Powell (Black Narcissus, The Red Shoes, Peeping Tom), Age of Consent explores the obsessive nature of an artist approaching the twilight of his career. Misjudged and mis-handled on its initial release (when the distributor removed key scenes and re-scored the film), Age of Consent is now regarded as one of Powell’s key works.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Two presentations of the film: The Film Foundation's 2005 restoration of the original 106-minute Director's Cut; and the 96-minute 1969 Theatrical Version
• The John Player Lecture with Michael Powell: The Beauty of the Image (1971): archival audio recording of the celebrated filmmaker in conversation with Kevin Gough-Yates at London’s National Film Theatre
• The Guardian Interview with Michael Powell (1986): archival audio recording of the filmmaker in conversation with Sheila Whitaker at the National Film Theatre
• Audio commentary with film historian Kent Jones (2009)
• Ian Christie on Michael Powell and ‘Age of Consent’ (2018): the respected academic and author of Arrows of Desire: Films of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger discusses Powell’s life and work
• Making 'Age of Consent' (2009, 17 mins): Kevin Powell, composer Peter Sculthorpe and editor Anthony Buckley recall the turbulent production and release history of the film
• Martin Scorsese on ‘Age of Consent’ (2009, 6 mins): the acclaimed director discusses the impact and legacy of Powell’s film
• Helen Mirren: A Conversation with Cora (2009, 13 mins): the award-winning actor reflects on one of her earliest and most memorable film roles
• Down Under with Ron and Valerie Taylor (2009, 10 mins): a conversation with the celebrated underwater photographers
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: promotional photography and publicity material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Samm Deighan, an overview of contemporary critical responses and historic articles on the film